Jan 26, 2012

Color Wheel: Red Hot

Is it really a surprise that today's Color Wheel post is all about RED??!!


Whether I am taking inspiration from the Chinese New Year this week, or from My Trend Spotting at ALT Summit, and not to mention that Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

It is all about Red.

So, I think that red is my new favorite color (ok, so this kind of changes on a weekly basis..) Luckily, that's ok in my business, right?

So with these different leading my thoughts on how to look at the color red, and thinking of how I to translate that into color palettes for my work (and this post) there are a few combinations for each event that scream out at me.



Letterbox house by McBride Charles Ryan architects / Vogue China / by thenewdomestic.com

My Chinese New Year Mood Board via OLIOBOARD



Domino / Veranda / via awarchitect.com


Steven Gambrel / Vogue China








unknown / Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012

Home&Garden_July 1988 via littleaugury blog / Jamie Drake




Homes & Gardens






hanspunbambooyarn via papernstitch com / earmark at etsy / emma stone

Hair catalogue / Salvatore Ferragamo 2012









Vogue Australia March 2011 / Jay Jeffers

Tina Fey via 30 Rock Tumblr / red heart slippers via smilingknitting @ etsy



Hope you are feeling inspired to use RED in your life.. I am seriously considering buying a red dress... even with my reddish hair! I have a favorite... mine is RED & PINK!

Of these four color combinations, which is your favorite. Leave a comment, or send me a tweet..



For more on Red Hot inspirations:
Check out my Pinterest board on it






2 comments:

  1. I recently bought a red dress --- and hadn't bought one in the decade prior!

    Ready to rock it out for Valentines or when I need a shot of color this winter!!!

    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July to you my sweet friend! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

@Dec-a-Porter we love to hear from you ...Please share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...