Feb 10, 2012

Dec-a-Porter 360* - New York Gift Show Round Up

Dec-a-Porter 360* today is the final installment of my New York Gift Show roundup end the week with these fine pieces..

It was a great show this season, with lots of new introductions (way too many to feature in the recap) and you could definitely feel the positive buzz as I walked around. Each stand was full and it is hopefully a good sign of how the market is beginning to pick up again.



Every design scheme needs those special final accessories to make the room come together. I give a lot of importance to finding the right pillows, art and accent pieces when I am designing a room.

So as my roundup ends, I couldn't think of a nicer way to close this week then with a focus on some of those pieces. Examples for every style, color story or home.

TOURMALINE HOME





There were definitely two Top Trends that stuck with me while walking the show

1. Color.
I shared some really nice examples in my Color Wheel post

I was also really pleased to see fabrics choices with more then just 2 colors.
For the most part of the last 2 seasons in textile design, there has been a very strong output of "one color on white" options..

I know that with the economic situation as well as the trend for very geometric shapes, many textiles were all about a green with white, blue and white, etc.. But as a designer, I personally found it very frustrating trying to create an entire home around this types of fabric choices.

So I was very happy to see that not the textiles used on the upholstery but also through the use of pillows and small accessories that there is a return to having prints and patterns with many different options which is so exciting. I personally love mixing these types of fabrics with those that are a little more geometric to really create an interesting mix of color and pattern.


2. A Return to the Traditional & Classical
  • By the use of classical prints (such as Natural Curiosities has done) but having them framed in a very modern way
  • Soft furnishings upholstered with fabrics that have used classical prints and coloration like at Tara Shaw.
  • The reproduction of the classical prints, hand painted and colored with bright vivid colors
  • The use of traditional techniques in creating textiles
  • The use of classical forms and shapes as well as materials in upholstery such as the new line from Bungalow 5 in leather.

NATURAL CURIOSITIES







BUNGALOW 5

TARA SHAW






LURU HOME





LO FORTI FINE PRINTS





So what do you think?
Leave me a note about if you think you might start using a more traditional note in your home this year..
or instead if you are going to brave a few stronger color choices..

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

@Dec-a-Porter we love to hear from you ...Please share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...