Aug 15, 2011

Weekend Inspiration: Going Back to Basics


Although we had great plans to venture into Manhattan and see the new addition of the High Line on Sunday, the weather once again forced us to stay indoors.
So this week's Weekend Inspiration comes from online and a little reading.

An article from a Time magazine awhile back was my first source of inspiration - dedicated to the Art of Knitting and it reminded me of how much I love anything that makes me feel good. Some great artists called "Yard Bombers" and others I have found on Etsy are taking this art to a whole new level.

These "yard bombers" are Christo inspired knitters, who have taken to covering public objects, buildings & sculptures and in my opinion are a much needed burst of color and happiness on these gloomy days.

Image via The Pop Up City




Other creative artists are taking the need for additional seating to a whole new level - visit their shops on Etsy..but here is just a small sampling of two that inspired me.

Visit Etsy - Biscuit Scout

Art in the public domain is something that has always been important to me, and so I leave you with these last two images of art in NYC:

Jaume Plensa's "Echo" in Madison Square Park.
Image via American Flaneur blog


Sol Lewitt's NYC Skyline


Wishing you all a wonderfully inspired week!










No comments:

Post a Comment

@Dec-a-Porter we love to hear from you ...Please share your comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...